Zach is a zealous trial attorney. He has won trials and negotiated favorable settlements for his clients. His training, creativity, and sense of justice make him the perfect person to vindicate your rights. Zach loves helping people who are down on their luck. Zach served as the President of the non-profit organization Emerging Legal Leaders (ELL), which raised funds for non-profit legal services. Prior to law school, Zach assisted refugee immigrants to adjust to their new lives in the United States as a case manager at the Refugee and Immigrant Center at the Asian Association of Utah.
His academic accomplishments include serving as the Senior Submissions Editor for the Georgetown Immigration Law Journal, publication in legal periodicals, and recipient of the 2007 Mahaffey Award for Intercollegiate Speech and Debate. Christensen & Jensens recruited Zach to join the firm as an associate attorney in 2020. He specializes in personal injury, construction defects, insurance claims, real estate and business disputes, and employment law. Zach is an expert in obtaining compensation for people who have been hurt in accidents. If you have been injured, you should talk to him. You may not realize what options are available for you. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and loss of enjoyment of life. Zach can investigate possible claims and present a strategy to help you pay your bills and obtain a full recovery.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Zach represents both claimants and defendants in personal injury lawsuits, including motor vehicle slip-and-fall, and other accidents involving bodily injury.
- Negotiated settlement for full limits of insurance policy for multiple clients who were involved in motor vehicle accidents
- Successfully defended drivers, property owners, and companies against claims of negligence resulting in bodily injury for multiple clients who were involved in motor vehicle accidents.
Zach has successfully defended contractors against allegations of negligent workmanship and construction.
Zach won summary judgemnt in a declaratory action lawsuit on behalf of an insurance company that denied coverage to contractor for damage, caused by water accumilation, to a large condominium complex in Cincinati Insurance Co. v. Green Property Solutions, U.S. District Court, District of Utah, Civlil No. 1:19-cv-00010-DB.
REAL ESTATE AND BUSINESS LITIGATION:
Zach represents businesses and individuals in real esate and business dispute:
- Obtained six-figure settlement for virtual health-training company based on claims of copyright infringement, breach of contract, and theft of trade secrets
- Successfuly defended tenant by winning appeal to the Utah Court of Appeals in Mountain View Colonial Apartments v. Isais, 2017 UT App 104, 400 P.3d 1166. Client was awared attorney fees as the prevailing party
- Won trial representing tenant based on landlord's wrongufl harassment and unlawful eviction (Known as forcible entry and detainer)
- Won trial on behalf of tenant in which landlord was seeking to evict tenant for alleged violations of Utah's Unlawful Detainer Act
Zach has successfully represented employees for claims based on employment discrimination (based on sex, race disability and religion); retaliation; violation of the Family Medical Leave Act: and violation of the Equal Pay Act.
- Obtained six-figure settlement on behalf of woman who was paid thousands less than male coworkers who had the same job duties and responsibilities.
- Negotiated settlement on behalf of employee who was fired after he complained to his employer about unsafe work conditions
- Negotiated settlement on behalf of woman who was called derogatory names at work and then was fired after she complained to her supervisor about the way she was being treated.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. 2014
- Senior Admissions Editor, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
- J. Rueben Clark Law Society
- Greenhalgh Mock Trial Competition
- Utah State University, B.S. Political Science - Law and Constitutional Studies 2009
- Mahafee Award for Speech and Debate (2007)
- First Place Parliamentary Debate, Lewis and Clarke College (2007)
- First Place Informative Speaking, Lewis and Clarke College (2008)
- Second Place Parliamentary Debate, Linfield College (2008)
- A Pin Award (2008)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Utah State Bar Litigation Section (2016-Present)
- Emerging Legal Leaders
- President (2019-2020)
- Executive Committee (2016-2019)
- Utah Legal Education
- Volunteer Mock Trial Judge (2015-present)