Dale is a special counsel member at Christensen & Jensen and has long been a leader of the firm's defense practice. Dale is not only well respected by his fellows lawyers, but in the community for his public service. He is an experienced and successful trial lawyer and problem solver.
Special Counsel, Christensen & Jensen, P.C., and shareholder from 1975 to 2017 (President 1989-1994); Chief Legislative Assistant to U.S. Congressman Gunn McKay, 1973-1975. Dale specialized in the pracice areas listed below prior to his retirement from active practice.
Insurance Coverage Litigation
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Top Attorneys & Rising Stars In The Mountain States, The American Registry (2021)
- America's Most Honored Lawyers (2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV preeminent rating
- Legacy Award, Utah Defense Lawyers Assoc.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Named Mountain States Region Super Lawyer
- Named Legal Elite by Utah Business Magazine
- Member, Outstanding Lawyers of America
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America
University of Utah College of Law, J.D. 1973; Order of the Coif; Note and Comment Editor, Utah Law Review; Bar and Gavel Society (service organization).
Brigham Young University, B.S. 1970 (Political Science Major); Cum Laude; Chair, Academic Emphasis Committee; Pres., Debate Team (won or placed in numerous intercollegiate forensic tournaments); Hinkley Scholar.
LECTURES & PUBLICATIONS
- Presenter: American College of Lawyers, The Trial Academy: "Lecture on Cross Examination" (2021)
- Presenter: Brain Injury Assoc. of Utah and UTLA Brain Injury Conference: “Defense of Brain Injury Case” (2006)
- Presenter: Utah Trucking Association: “Avoiding Punitive Damages” (2003)
- Presenter: “Management of Litigation: What’s Working and What’s Not” (2000)
- Presenter: “The Brain Injury Case” (1998)
- Presenter: “Utah Courtroom Seminar” (1993)
- Presenter: “Civil Litigation Procedures in Utah” (1991)
- Presenter: Utah Defense Lawyers Association Annual Insurance Seminar
- Contributing Author: “Media Law Handbook,” December, 1982
- Author: “Tort Law and Participant Sports”, Journal of Contemporary Law 211, 1978
- Author: "Highway Noise Damage and Utah Emminent Domain Law," 1972 Utah Law Review 116
- Dale has also contributed to numerous state law compendiums for the American Law Firm Association in the areas of Products Liability and Trucking.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & ADMISSIONS
- Admitted to practice in all State and Federal courts in Utah; United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals; United States Supreme Court.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, Utah Chapter Executive Comittee (2015-present)
- American Law Firm Association, Finance Committee (2008-2013), Oversight Committee Chair (2006) and Planning and Development Committee, (1990-1994)
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel (State Membership Chair 2000-2004)
- Utah Defense Lawyers Association (President, 1989-1990)
- Master of the Bench, Sutherland Inn of Court (1987-1988)
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section, Trial and Insurance Practice Section); Utah Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- Member, Rotary Club of Sugar House, UT (2020-2021)
- Volunteer, Salt Lake Inner City Project (2012-2014)
- Chair, Salt Lake City Open Lands Boards (2007 - 2011)
- Salt Lake City Council Member – 2002-2006 (Council Chair 2005).
- Board of Trustees, Dixie State College (St. George, Utah) 1983-1993 (Vice Chair, 1987-93) Utah Higher Education Board of Regents’ Committee on the Role of Institutional Councils (1990-91).
- State Chair, Utah State Democratic Party (1979-81); Democratic National Committee (1979-81).
- Numerous voluntary assignments for church.