Practice Areas > Construction
Christensen & Jensen has extensive experience in claims involving the construction industry and design professionals. The firm has defended numerous claims against architects, contractors, engineers, and appraisers, and has represented select plaintiffs in claims involving alleged construction defects.
Co-chair Phillip S. Ferguson has successfully defended dozens of claims against design professionals. Co-Chair Geoff Haslam was instrumental in Utah’s adoption of the “economic loss rule,” limiting negligence claims against construction professionals. American Towers Owners Ass’n v. CCI Mechanical, 930 P.2d 1182 (Utah 1996).
Examples of construction and design professional cases handled by the firm include:
- Defended rock wall construction company in $9 million construction defect claim
- Represented aluminum siding subcontractor in $2.5 million construction defect claim
- Defended excavating companies that installed utility lines, sewers, culinary, stormwater in a development, and cut roads in a development
- Obtained dismissal of multi-million dollar claims against national design firm arising out of design of power plant
- Defended appraisers against growing number of negligent-appraisal claims
- Represented contractors and property owners in lien disputes
- Represented architectural firm in major design and construction defect case brought by condominium owners association.
- Prevented the addition of an architect to a major construction litigation between an owner and general contractor
- Represented defendants and injured persons in claims involving construction site injuries
- Construction (0)