Christensen & Jensen Attorneys
Dale J. Lambert
15 West South Temple, Suite 800,
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Send Dale A Message
Dale is a senior shareholder at Christensen & Jensen and has long been a leader of the firm's defense practice. Dale is not only well respected by his fellows lawyers, but in the community for his public service. He is an experienced and successful trial lawyer and problem solver.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Specializes in products liability, commercial, professional liability, trucking accident, and insurance coverage litigation.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Utah Legal Elite, Civil Litigation, Utah Business, 2012
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Named Mountain States Region Super Lawyer, 2007
- Named Legal Elite by Utah Business Magazine
- Member, Outstanding Lawyers of America
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rating
- Recipient, Golden Key Award, Governor’s Committee on the Employment of Handicapped
- Named to Outstanding Young Men of America, Junior Chamber of Commerce (1979)
- University of Utah College of Law, J.D. 1973; Order of the Coif; Note and Comment Editor, Utah Law Review; Bar and Gavel Society (service organization).
- Brigham Young University, B.S. 1970 (Political Science Major); Cum Laude; Chair, Academic Emphasis Committee; Pres., Debate Team (won or placed in numerous intercollegiate forensic tournaments); Hinkley Scholar.
- Presenter: Brain Injury Assoc. of Utah and UTLA Brain Injury Conference: “Defense of Brain Injury Case” (2006)
- Presenter: Utah Trucking Association: “Avoiding Punitive Damages” (2003)
- Presenter: “Management of Litigation: What’s Working and What’s Not” (2000)
- Presenter: “The Brain Injury Case” (1998)
- Presenter: “Utah Courtroom Seminar” (1993)
- Presenter: “Civil Litigation Procedures in Utah” (1991)
- Presenter: Utah Defense Lawyers Association Annual Insurance Seminar
- Contributing Author: “Media Law Handbook,” December, 1982
- Author: “Tort Law and Participant Sports”, Journal of Contemporary Law 211, 1978
- Author: "Highway Noise Damage and Utah Emminent Domain Law," 1972 Utah Law Review 116
Dale has also contributed to numerous state law compendiums for the American Law Firm Association in the areas of Products Liability and Trucking.
- Admitted to practice in all State and Federal courts in Utah; United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals; United States Supreme Court.
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel (State Membership Chair 2000- 2004). President, Utah Defense Research Association (1989-90)
- Master of the Bench, Sutherland Inn of Court (1987-1988)
- American Law Firm Association, Finance Committee (2008), Oversight Committee Chair (2006) and Planning and Development Committee, (1990-1994)
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section, Trial and Insurance Practice Section); Utah Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- Chair, Salt Lake City Open Lands Boards (2007 - Present)
- Salt Lake City Council Member – 2002-2006 (Council Chair 2005).
- Board of Trustees, Dixie College (St. George, Utah) 1983-1993 (Vice Chair, 1987-93); Utah Higher Education Board of Regents’ Committee on the Role of Institutional Councils (1990-91).
- State Chair, Utah State Democratic Party (1979-81); Democratic National Committee (1979-81).
- Numerous voluntary assignments for church.
Shareholder, Christensen & Jensen, P.C., 1975 to present (President 1989-1994); Chief Legislative Assistant to U.S. Congressman Gunn McKay, 1973-1975.
- Alder, Nathan D.
- Balmanno, Alain C.
- Boyd, Scot A.
- Burbidge II, George W.
- Christensen, Roger P.
- Curtis, Timothy J.
- Evans, Scott T.
- Ferguson, Phillip S.
- Goebel, Heidi G.
- Hansen, William J.
- Haslam, Geoffrey C.
- Hill, Rebecca L.
- Humpherys, L. Rich
- Jenkins, Eric K.
- Kelson, Stephen D.
- Kiburtz, Kristen C.
- Kunz II, Barton H.
- Lambert, Dale J.
- Lenart, Tanner Strickland
- Lowry, Phillip E.
- Macfarlane, Kelly H.
- Porter, Karra J.
- Richards, David C.
- Shapiro, Ruth A.
- Snow, Tyler V.
- Spencer, Sarah E.
- Thuet, Heather L.
- White, Gabriel K.
- White, Nathan R.
- Business Torts
- Commercial Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability
- Financial Services Litigation
- Government Defense
- Insurance (commercial)
- Insurance Bad Faith and Coverage
- Intellectual Property
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Personal Injury and Property Damage (defense)
- Products Liability
- Qui tam / False Claims Act
- Transportation Law
- Unfair Trade Practices and Unfair Competition