Christensen & Jensen Attorneys
Eric K. Jenkins
15 West South Temple, Suite 800,
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Send Eric A Message
Eric joined the firm in 2005, and has focused his practice on litigation of commercial and workers’ compensation claims. In that time he has successfully represented numerous national and multinational corporations in employment disputes and civil litigation. He has also represented injured individuals in both civil and administrative settings.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Commercial Litigation: Represents businesses and individuals in commercial disputes. Representative matters include:
- Represented numerous broker-dealers in claims brought by clients in federal court and with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Represented clients in multi-million dollar litigation involving allegations of various types of broker misconduct
- Successfully negotiated resolution to dispute between equipment manufacturer and purchaser
- Obtained summary judgment in dispute between commercial storage provider and lessor
Employment Law: Represents employers and select claimants in workers’ compensation proceedings. Representative matters include:
- Successfully defended numerous employers in Utah Labor Commission hearings and in appeals to the Labor Commissioner and Utah Court of Appeals. Representative clients include Delta, Marriott, Lucent Technologies, AIG, the FDIC, and Utah Grizzlies hockey team
- Successfully petitioned Labor Commission to secure workers' compensation benefits on behalf of retail and construction workers
- Reviewed, revised, and drafted employment agreements for entities providing security checks for federal agencies
Insurance Coverage: Represents insurance companies and individuals in lawsuits and other disputes. Representative matters include:
- Represented insurers in coverage disputes involving automobile, homeowners, and commercial general liability policies
- Obtained summary judgment for insurer in a case involving claims of hundreds of thousands of dollars in fraudulent damage claims.
- Won a three week trial defending an irrigation company from allegations that its canal had flooded a nearby home.
- Obtained declaratory judgment in trial testing Utah's uninsured motorist statute as it relates to multiple vehicle impacts.
Appeals: Represents businesses and individuals in administrative and traditional appeals. Representative matters include:
- • Won ruling from the Utah Court of Appeals in claim alleging that medical examinations had been performed improperly and other evidentiary disputes. French v. Labor Commission, 2011 UT App 120, 251 P.3d 868
- • Won affirmance at Utah Court of Appeals of ruling that appellant was not permanently and totally disabled. Benson v. Lucent Technologies, 2007 UT App 145
Brigham Young University, J.D., cum laude, 2005
Brigham Young University, B.A. in Communications, 2003
- National Moot Court Team
- Merit Scholarship Recipient 2002-2005
LECTURES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Author, Personal Liability of a Business Owner, Utah Valley Business Quarterly, Spring 2004 Co-author, Medical Spa Law - Utah, ALFA International 50 State Compendium, 2007 Author, Collateral Source Compendium - Utah, Defense Research Institute, 2011
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & ADMISSIONS
- Admitted to practice in all Utah state and federal courts, U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Utah State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
RULINGS AND OPINIONS
- French v. Labor Commission, 2011 UT App 120, 251 P.3d 868 (rejecting claim by appellant that medical examinations had been performed improperly and other evidentiary disputes)
- Lucent Technologies, 2007 UT App 145 (affirming ruling that appellant was not permanently and totally disabled)
- Alder, Nathan D.
- Balmanno, Alain C.
- Boyd, Scot A.
- Burbidge II, George W.
- Christensen, Roger P.
- Curtis, Timothy J.
- Evans, Scott T.
- Ferguson, Phillip S.
- Goebel, Heidi G.
- Hansen, William J.
- Haslam, Geoffrey C.
- Hill, Rebecca L.
- Humpherys, L. Rich
- Jenkins, Eric K.
- Kelson, Stephen D.
- Kiburtz, Kristen C.
- Kunz II, Barton H.
- Lambert, Dale J.
- Lenart, Tanner Strickland
- Lowry, Phillip E.
- Macfarlane, Kelly H.
- Porter, Karra J.
- Richards, David C.
- Shapiro, Ruth A.
- Snow, Tyler V.
- Spencer, Sarah E.
- Thuet, Heather L.
- White, Gabriel K.
- White, Nathan R.